Healthy Tuna Salad with a TWIST!

Impress your friends and family with this delicious and amazingly simple tuna salad!

I've always thought canned tuna gets a bad rap. It is such a versatile ingredient and can be dressed up or dressed down for any occasion! 
🥸
Exhibit A:

Look me in the eyes and tell me this ☝️ doesn't make you excited... good luck...

It all starts with pickles. Pickles bring life to this dish.  They also bring my life immense joy... but that's another story for another day...😋
Then we've got our trusty tuna 🐟. I like the Costco brand because it has a whopping 41 grams of protein per can! 😲
Mix the tuna and some chopped pickles with your desired amount of mayo (or mayo substitute if you're one of THOSE people who hate mayo with a burning passion).
Add some mixed greens to your serving dish and place the tuna salad right on top.
Next ingredient...drum roll...boiled eggs. Also packed with protein and what else? Scrum-didilly-umptious. I like mine soft boiled which takes about 6-8 minutes with a roaring boil.
Next up is carrots. All I had on hand were baby carrots but feel free to use whatever fancy carrots you want.  Heck,  if you want to make an extra colorful salad go for the rainbow carrots! (These will be more pricey of course). 
I gave mine a lazy julienne but cut/chop them however you like!
Then there's the cherry tomatoes.  YUM. NO EXPLANATION NECESSARY. 

Last but not least add some freshly chopped feta, your boiled egg, salt & pepper to taste,  a light drizzle of olive oil, and 1-2 tablespoons pickle juice (optional) and you are good to go my friend!

Bon appétit!

Leave a comment down below and let me know how your salads turn out!
Can't wait to hear from you. 

Yours truly,

Christine 🥰











Comments